Subscribe And Follow

Friday, February 15, 2013

 Valentine's Day and the Kabocha Squash

Valentine's Day? Success! My wonderful, handsome husband whom I love brought me some beautiful roses at work PLUS my favorite mint M&M's. Haha believe me...I ate one whole pack at work and couldn't stop eating they were so delicious!!


Yup they were beautiful roses. With some yummy M&M's.


Yeah this was the day he proposed and one of the most memorable ESPECIALLY since it was on a hot air balloon ride (: 

So this past week I have been wanting to experiment with new foods and try new things. I came upon this lady's blog and realized she used a lot of "Kabocha Squash" which I had never heard of! Apparently it is this extremely healthy Japanese Squash that fills you right up in which it did, by the way. However I was a bit skeptical if it would be good. SO after a couple weeks of searching I stumbled upon it at Whole Foods. AND I decided to try it for dinner since I had a lot of time on my hands on a Friday night waiting for my husband for a few hours. So here is what it looks like...



Yeah it looks kinda small and you think you can eat it all but there is NO way. Believe it or not I was able to eat half of the whole thing with some chicken, veggies and lettuce, but I was so full after I couldn't move. NEVER underestimate a Kabocha Squash.


It also contains seeds...pumpkin like seeds which will be yummy when I roast them tomorrow for dinner! Hopefully Patrick likes some of this squash and the seeds because it may or may not be one of our main staples of food...




I decided to roast some with cinnamon, some with indian spices and some with just rosemary with a tad bit of olive oil plus salt and pepper. Low and behold, my favorite had to have been the rosemary since it is my favorite spice BUT all of them tasted delicious regardless.

So now if you are wanting to try something new and branch out, try some Kabocha! It is delicious, filling and definitely different. Here is what my dinner looked like...I also added some hot sauce and a bit of chile powder to add some flavor. I wonder if BBQ sauce would be good on it? I will have to try it next time! And here is a picture of my delicious dinner as it buries my veggies and chicken. Next time if Patrick likes it...I will have to try it on pizza or something crazy haha.



No comments:

Post a Comment